About Our Course History
The front nine was built in 1939 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The front nine project was designed by none other than Perry Maxwell. While MPCC was a nine hole course, we started out with sand greens and changed to grass in the 1950's.
In 1981, a new clubhouse was built on the lake in a swarm of beauty. Following 1981, in 1984 an automated irrigation system was added on to the course.
Entering the 1990's, in 1991, we switched from 328 Tif grass to the Tif Dwarf grass for our greens. In 1999 the club voted to build the back nine, and this became the start to making our course a full 18 hole course!
Coming around to 2002, our back nine opened with Tif Eagle grass. This gave us our new holes (8-18).